Episode 25: How Much Can I Spend in Retirement?
Sep 23, 2019
A deep dive into Dr. Wade Pfau’s Retirement Researcher© Manifesto as Nate takes an academic look into how to plan for retirement.
Here are just a handful of the things that we'll discuss:
- Dr. Pfau’s 8 Principles:
- Play the long game
- Do not leave money on the table
- Use reasonable expectations for portfolio returns
- Be careful about plans that only work with high market returns
- Build an integrated strategy to manage various retirement risks
- Approach retirement income tools with an agnostic view
- Start by assessing all household assets and liabilities
- Distinguish between technical liquidity and true liquidity
- How does Miller Retirement Group implement these 8 principles?
Link to Dr. Pfau’s book, How Much Can I Spend in Retirement? – https://www.amazon.com/How-Much-Spend-Retirement-Investment-Based/dp/1945640022/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=how+much+can+I+spend+in+retirement&qid=1566925896&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Neither AEWM nor Miller Retirement Group are affiliated with Dr. Wade Pfau