Episode 99: The 5 Years Before Retirement – Interview with Emily Guy Birken
Feb 22, 2021
Nate interviews Emily Guy Birken, personal finance author for the New York Times and Kiplinger’s and more, and discusses topics ranging from the importance of planning for retirement, long-term care, budgeting in retirement, and the sustainability of the Social Security program.
- The 5 Years Before You Retire, Updated Edition: Retirement Planning When You Need It the Most
- Making Social Security Work for You: Advice, Strategies, and Timelines That Can Maximize Your Benefits
- End Financial Stress Now: Immediate Steps You Can Take to Improve Your Financial Outlook
- Choose Your Retirement: Find the Right Path to Your New Adventure
Book recommendations by Emily:
Here are just a handful of the things that we'll discuss:
- Market downturns and retirement
- Obstacles in retirement
- Budgeting in retirement, how important is it?
- How to use your money to get what you want most
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Social Security. – How long will it last?